IELTS READING DIAGRAM LABELING
The main problem with these questions is that students are too focused on the diagram and are trying to understand it all. Unfamiliar diagrams can cause panic and cause you to lose time. This is not a test of your technical skills, but a test of your reading skills. You will usually try to understand what happens in the diagram, but the relationship between the text and the diagram is more important.
Failure to find the paragraphs that hold the answers quickly and lose time reading the entire text is another big problem.
Also in this section, students lose points by wrongly writing the wrong number of words or spelling words.
- Check out how many words you’re supposed to write, in the question it’ll tell you. You can write ‘ one or two words ‘ in the above example, no more than this and you’re going to lose points. Note numbers count as one word, and words such as ‘ state-of – the-art ‘ count as one word.
- Identify the type of word that you need (noun, verb, adjective). This is going to help you find the right answer.
- The answers are not always in the same order in which the paragraphs are in ..
- First of all do the simplest questions. You’re more likely to get the right ones. If a difficult question can not be answered, move on and come back later.
- Before you read the text, try to predict the answer. This is going to help you find the right answer.
- Check the number of words you can write.
- Research the diagram and generally try to understand what’s going on. Don’t do that too much time.
- Make keywords or tags stand out.
- Identify the types of words needed and try to predict the response.
- Scan the message, and identify the location of the data.
- Read the answer in more detail.
- Check your spelling.
IELTS READING QUESTION TYPES
- Matching The List Of Questions
- Matching The List Of Descriptions
- True False Not Given / Yes No Not Given Questions
- Matching Paragraph Information Questions
- Flow Chart Completion
- Note Completion
- Diagram Labelling
- Short Answers Questions
- Table Completion
- Summary Completion Question
- Multiple Choice Questions
For More Tips And Strategies watch the Video Below.