IELTS READING SENTENCE COMPLETION
This Post is about the IELTS Reading sentence Completion or note comletion for both Academic and General Module.
Practice how to respond to IELTS sentence completion tasks and look for paraphrases and synonyms.
The examination also allows the applicant to complete a sentence at the reading.
In this form of assignment, you’re given a reading sentence with a gap in it. You must fill it with words that are taken directly from the reading.
Check if the problem asks you to use the exact read terms-some don’t.
Different factors are important to keep in mind when doing this:
- Make sure the answer does not reach the word limit-sometimes articles and unneeded adjectives can be left out to accomplish this.
- Verify that the answer fits grammatically into the sentence.
- Be aware the statement isn’t going to use the same words as the text.
Since the statement you are given in the IELTS sentence completion tasks is not exactly taken from the reading, you need to be mindful of the paraphrasing and synonyms.
These both will be used in the questions. We say this:
Paraphrase: repeating something written or spoken using different words
Synonym: a word or phrase that has the same or almost the same meaning as another word or phrase in the same language.
So when you look at the question, you’ll need to find a paraphrase of that phrase and probably some synomyms in the reading to find the correct one, and then work out the answer.
IELTS READING QUESTION TYPES
- Matching The List Of Questions
- Matching The List Of Descriptions
- True False Not Given / Yes No Not Given Questions
- Matching Paragraph Information Questions
- Flow Chart Completion
- Note Completion
- Diagram Labelling
- Short Answers Questions
- Table Completion
- Summary Completion Question
- Multiple Choice Questions
For More tips and strategies watch the video below.